It's time to take a closer look at your diet, as well as what steps you need to take to lose weight. Let's face it, losing weight is important. Staying fit and healthy can help you to visit the doctor less often, reducing your health insurance claims and costs. It can also help you to live longer, feel better and improve your self-esteem.
The benefits of weight loss are many:
- Did you know that an extra 30 pounds for a man can drop their testosterone levels to those of a man 10 years older?
- Did you know that a five to ten percent weight loss can result in a five point increase in your HDL cholesterol, the good cholesterol?
- Losing five to ten percent can also reduce your chances of getting diabetes and help you to overcome diabetic symptoms if you already have the condition.
Weight loss is important, but getting to that point may not be. How do you choose a diet?
Guidelines and Tips for Selecting a Diet
Take a closer look at the options available to you in weight reduction methods. Could these tips can help you lose the weight you need to?
- First, get rid of the thought of a diet. You are changing the way you plan to eat long term. By focusing in on making a lifestyle decision, you'll give yourself more chance at success.
- Next, focus on healthy eating rather than on fad diets. You don't have to drop an entire food group to see results. Instead, focus on eating more natural foods and few processed foods.
- Portion size is one of the biggest problems people have today. To ensure you are eating just the right portions, read the labels on the products you bring home. And use measuring spoons to help you to gauge how much you are taking in.
Most importantly, talk to your doctor. Your doctor can help you to tailor a diet that fits your specific needs. That may include reducing the amount of sugar you consume, improving the number of vegetables you eat and even choosing the best types of grains and meats. Finally, talk to your health insurance provider to see if a dietician is available to you.
We care about your wellness. Call Simpson Financial Group at (877) 727-7780 for more information on Boston health insurance.